Some things to consider:
- The number of approved hours reimbursed by the VA is based on the Part 141 approved course.
- The VA does not reimburse for books, training materials, FAA knowledge exams, checkrides, or the aircraft rental expense for checkrides.
- The total VA program cost for each course is published in this catalog.
For information or for resolution of specific payment problems, veterans should call the local VA Office or the National VA Office at 1-888-442-4551 or www.va.gov
FAA Approved Courses Recognized For VA Benefits
- Commercial Pilot
- Flight Instructor
- Flight Instructor – Instrument
- Airline Transport Pilot
To Apply for the VA Forms you must have or complete the following:
- Second Class Medical License
- Private Pilot License
- Completed DD form 1990
- Obtain Certificate of Eligablity (approx one month wait)